Thursday, August 25, 2011

Arctic Zero, An Ice Cream Replacement, Is GREAT!

I love ice cream, but I am trying to lose weight. I am lactose intolerant and need to watch the amount of dairy products I eat. But I have found a delicious solution! It is Arctic Zero, an all natural, smooth and creamy ice cream replacement. According to the information on the product, it "can be eaten guilt free by those who want to avoid fat and calories."  It is made with "14 grams of whey protein, 8 grams of fiber and friendly to lactose intolerants." It is not only healthy it is also gluten free. A pint is only 150 calories. A serving (1/2 cup) is only 37 calories.

Arctic Zero is available in several flavors, Vanilla Maple, Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Strawberry, Coffee, Mint  Chocolate and Cookies and cream. Of the four I have tried, I liked the Vanilla Maple and Chocolate Peanut Butter ones the best. The consistency is more like a fudgecicle in my opinion, but I do like the taste and the consistency of this desert. It is good knowing that when I want ice cream I have a substitute that tastes good, is low calorie, gluten free and cholesterol free.

I took four containers of  Arctic Zero with me to a group of friends who meet one a month for a friendly game of Pokeno and dinner and lots of talk. Since we play for pennies no one gets rich and no one really loses more than 50 cents in an evening. I had called my hostess and asked her if I could bring a surprise. I wanted them to be taste testers for me. I took Vanilla Maple, Chocolate, Strawberry and Chocolate Peanut Butter with me. There were eight of us all together. Everyone liked what they tasted. Roxy said that is tasted pretty good, but it was not the same smoothness as ice cream. It would do if you could not have the real thing.  Lila told her husband that he should eat it instead of ice cream to help with his diet. All together everyone enjoyed the treat. Some thought the chocolate was a bit to chocolaty. The Chocolate Peanut Butter mellows out the chocolate.

Arctic Zero has a website at www.MyArcticZero.com. I invite you to pay them a visit and learn more about this delicious treat. They have recently become available at Ralphs in California and Kroger stores in the frozen desert section.

Well, I am off to have a serving of the Vanilla Maple. Try them. I am sure you will like them. Let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment