Sunday, July 17, 2011

Carmageddon Made Me Do It! - Not!

Saturday, I blew my diet. I could blame it on Carmageddon, but I won't .I do live in the San Fernando Valley not far from the 405, where the bridge was coming down.  I am not sure why I drove from work to the 7-11 Store, and purchased two bags of chips, but I did. I have been working hard to get my exercise in, to eat right, and I blew it. Oh, and I went home and consumed one bag of chips. Just like the old days. Chips are one of my comfort foods. So what did I do?

I could have felt sorry for myself, disgusted with myself, angry at myself or kicked myself for doing such a stupid thing. But I didn't. I know that this is a process and sometimes I am going to slip and fall. I don't know why I chose this week-end to slip, but I did. I made a choice to dust myself off and get back on track. I   know that I will have to work harder to burn off those calories. But I am trying to change my habits. Yesterday, I feel back into an old habit. Today is a new day. It is the first day of the rest of my life. That may be an old saying, but I still love it.

This morning, I got up, got dressed and took a walk. It was over 30 minutes and I enjoyed every one of them. We have a bridge that is being replaced at the end of our street. It has been out since December. So, I walked down to the bridge with my iPhone in hand and took some pictures. It looks like it is getting close to being finished. The last time I was there, the bridge was gone. Now it has been widened and looks good.

By the time I got back home, I had taken a few pictures and was feeling like I was getting back on track. Today, I watched what I ate and stayed on program. I am feeling better about the direction I am taking my life. Like the tortoise, I know that slow and steady is my pace. It will help be win the race.

I can do it. I can make better choices. I don't know why I went off my diet, but one of the things I have learned is if you are going to go off your eating program, plan and limit what you are doing Sometimes, we just need that comfort food, for whatever reason. Today was a better day! Yeah!

If you have taken a wrong detour in life, start again. We all make mistakes, but we can chose again.
Let me know if you have any comments or questions. I am leaving you with another picture I took on my walk today. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment