Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Love My Thane Flavorwave Oven.

I love my Thane Flavorwave Oven. In fact I am on my second one now. The newer model is improved from the first one. The Thane Flavorwave Oven is a miracle breakthrough that turbo cooks your meal up to three times faster. From the freezer to the table in less than 30 minutes, sometimes much less. I had a steak for dinner tonight. I like my meat medium well to well, so in 12 minutes it was done, juicy and delicious and easy to cut. You can bake, broil, roast, barbecue, steam, reheat and more.

The secret of the Flavorwave Oven is the halogen heat, infrared waves, and convection cooking. As a result, food is cooked faster and juicer. Fats and oils are removed and food is always cooked to perfection. I use it as my main source for cooking. It is great for weight loss.

I also like it because I can take something out of the freezer, put it in the Flavorwave Oven, add some onions and sweet potatoes, and have a great meal in less than 30 minutes, depending on what I am cooking. My husband and I like thick crisp bacon. We don't have it often, so I put the bacon in the freezer after breaking the package down into 4 slice packages. I put them on for four minutes at 400 degrees F, that thaws them enough so that I can separate them. I put them on for another 14 minutes, turn them over and go for another 14 minutes. The bacon is nice and crisp and the fat does not go in my body, it is on the floor of the Flavorwave.

I have fixed steak, pork chops, chicken, pizzas, pork ribs, fish, biscuits, and frozen dinners in the Flavorwave Oven. They have all tasted delicious. I like the fact that I can set the timer, go do something else and my dinner is ready in just a matter of minutes.  I rarely use the microwave any more.

I also like the fact that the Flavorwave Oven does not heat up the whole apartment like the oven does. In the summer, when it is hot, that really helps and I am more inclined to cook. Living in an apartment without a balcony there is not much opportunity to grill out. My Flavorwave Oven takes care of that just fine.

It is portable. I keep it in the kitchen, but if I wanted I could bring it to the table, take it in a camper on a trip, or over to a friend's. It is not heavy. It cleans easily. For the way I like to cook, it works great.

Why am I telling you about it? There are a couple of reasons. First, I feel that I am cooking healthier. Other products I have tried have left food tasting dry. It is easy to use and you don't have to stand over it like you would if you were frying something. Secondly, I am sold on the Flavorwave Oven as a method of cooking. It is fast. It is easy.

I don't know how long I had my first Flavorwave Oven. When the plastic dome cracked last year, my first thought was to go to the computer and find out if they were still making them. Sure enough they were. Mr. T has done an infomercial on the oven that you can check out on Thane's website at http://www.thane.com/products/housewares/flavorwave-turbo/flavorwave-turbo.php?gclid=CJrKvf3h-qkCFQQCbAodJX-fZg.

The newer model has a large glass bowl on a stand. The oven's working parts cover the bowl and heat the food. It actually seems to work much better. At least for me, it does. I included a picture of the top of the Flavorwave Oven so that you can see the control panel. It is easy to use, allows you to set the temperature and time your cooking.

In researching for this blog, I also discovered that they were available on sale at Amazon.com 
They are also on sale at eBay

If you have one, let me know how you like it. I should tell you that this is an unsolicited testimony. I get nothing from Thane, Amazon or eBay, except for the satisfaction of sharing about something I use and really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment