Monday, July 25, 2011

A Sunday Morning Walk in the Neighborhood

As part of my exercise program, I try to walk once or twice a week. I like getting out in the sunshine and just taking the time to commune with nature. I am in a large metropolitan area, but we still have our points of beauty. I believe that it is important that we take the time to appreciate what is around us. So for today, I am going to share with you a few pictures that I took along the way.

I just love the color of these flowers. They really pick up the neighborhood. One of the reasons I like to walk is that I feel better when I get back to the apartment. It is the splashes of color, the interesting scenes that we observe, and quite frankly some of the people in the neighborhood. I did not take pictures of my neighbors this trip however.
This arch just wants to make you go in and ring the doorbell. It is colorful, beautiful and most of all welcoming. Every time I pass this entrance, I want to take a picture, so today I did. And I am just getting started on my walk.

This wall with the pink and purple flowers really caught my attention. The morning sun just seemed to draw your attention to them. I love the way they are just peeping over the wall. By the time I took this picture, I was about half-way through my walk. I was feeling good and could feel my energy coming back.


Today I ventured into a new neighborhood. I saw this tree or bush, and fell in love with it. The flowers, the sunlight, the bigness of it. WOW!! I had to get a picture. Behind it was another tree with purple flowers. Now I have to admit, I love flowers, trees, plants, etc. I just don't know their names.

As I was walking, listening to music that was uplifting, I saw this tree over the fence or house or whatever. I had seen it before when I was in the car and was specifically looking for it.
From the street it is really striking. I just had to find it and get a picture. The one before it was approaching  the house and the other was after I had passed it. Now it was  time for me to move back into my own neighborhood and head for home.In the next block, someone honked their horn and waved to me. It was one of my tax clients. What a pleasant surprise.  I have one more picture to show you.

This rose reminded me of peppermint, a taste that I think leaves a fresh taste in your mouth. I loved the flower. And so with that I returned to my apartment, feeling better because I had taken the time to go out and explore my neighborhood. So take the time, explore. Stop to smell the roses along the way. You will feel better for it. And remember, walking is one of the best exercises for losing weight

I hope you enjoyed my pictures. I look forward to any comments, or questions you might have. Remember the way of the tortoise is slow and steady. In the end, we win, we win!!

No comments:

Post a Comment